Comar Chemicals (Pty) Ltd. and Comar Chemie AG believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practices and for running their operations in a sustainable manner.
Comar Chemicals and Comar Chemie AG are therefore committed to complying with its obligations for the prevention of pollution and to reduce the impact of its operations on the environment.
Continually improving Comar Chemicals and Comar Chemie AG environmental protection and performance is an integral and fundamental part of its business strategy and operating methods.
Not only does this make sound commercial sense for the Company - it is a matter of delivering on its duty of care towards future generations.
Comar Chemicals and Comar Chemie AG objectives are to:
- Support and comply with the requirements of current environmental legislation, by-laws and codes of practice.
- Minimize waste generated, and re-use or recycle waste as far as possible in line with the Integrated Waste Management Plan.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, and noise pollution from the Comar Chemicals and Comar Chemie AG premises and to reduce impacts from its operations on the environment, on employee health and safety, and on the local community.
- As far as possible - purchase products and services that are provided with the least impact to the environment.
- In advance - assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products Comar Chemicals intend to introduce.
U.E. Eichrodt D.G. Roland